Friday, September 24, 2010

Conor - Classic Brian: Season 2

This is our 100th post, guys. That shit's crazy.

I didn't really know how this was going to work out, but it's been working pretty amazingly. It's read by a modest amount of people, but it's read. That's really exciting. We write what we want to write and some people read it, and a smaller but still surprising amount of people enjoy it.

I want this to go on forever. I want that for me, but also for you?

I want to show my new (better/cooler) friends in Oklahoma this as well. And I hope you introduce your new (better/cooler) friends this blog as well, wherever you are. Let's consider this a new beginning. I will now begin pandering to this new, hypothetical audience.

Welcome to Classic Brian. Classic Brian is a blog, in which 6 of my friends and I write about things we want to. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's personal. Once a week it's about books. Classic Brian was my idea, but it's not my blog, I'm not in charge of it. I think we'd all say Eliot sortof organizes a lot of this shit. Imagine me as CB's negligent mother, and Eliot as it's unappreciated nanny. Yeah.

Let me introduce you, briefly, to the seven of us.

Sundays are ROBERT LANGELLIER's day. He's a cool guy, undoubtedly one of the most consistently great writers in our collective. He's going into Journalism and minoring in never having a steady job at Mizzou. He's a team player who is almost dangerously dedicated to jokes, to the point of dropping his phone into pitchers of water on a dare. He's the only writer brave enough to pull off satire on Classic Brian, and he's just getting started. He's a bro.

Monday's, NICK DIETRICH is up to bat. He's a smart smart guy. We've lived on the same street since we were born, and we've been good buddies forever. He's going to U of I for science! He wants to be an eye doctor. I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT THOSE ARE CALLED RIGHT NOW. Nick posts insightful things about college and how to be awesome around people, because he recently discovered the art. Thankfully he's a natural at it. He plays drums! In weird time signatures.

Tuesday MADA LARSON shows up occasionally. Mada's the coolest female. She's also a sister to me. She knows me better than basically anyone else, and, understandably, doesn't really like me all that much. She's going to U of I for the maths, because she wants a stable future? She's too cool for things like the blog she's a part of, but for good reason. It's lame as hell that we do this. Mada posts short, sharp posts, and they're enjoyable. Mada's quick, agile, and she has crazy fast reflexes.

Wednesday the charming ELIOT SILL treats us. Eliot likes sports, Final Fantasy, journalism, music, spite, piano, comedy, and making things weird. We all like Eliot. Eliot writes exactly what Eliot wants to, be that about Dragonball Z or football, and he writes it well. He is also going to U of I and he is also going into Journalism. Eliot's a champ, and can operate on any amount of sleep. It really just doesn't affect him. Eliot and I were voted "most likely to marry eachother" in our high school physics class, and our constant bickering over skype confirms that.

Thursday BRENDAN CAVANAGH writes novels about his childhood, his world outlook, and other novels. Brendan is calm, collected, and sleek. He's going to Butler University for English. Always ready with the worst pun you've ever heard, Brendan is secretly a clever bastard. Brendan is the person I know the least on the squad, and I vow to right this wrong next summer. I will bump Robert down to least known. I've learned a lot from his posts, and I like what I see, Brendan. I like what I see. Call me.

Friday is ME. Luckily I already posted a summary of myself on Classic Brian.

Onto our namesake. BRIAN MALONE is one classy guy. He can usually be found at Game Xchange. The only way to describe him is classic. Every statement he makes is dripping with sarcasm and apathy, which make him extremely entertaining to be in a german class with. He has a six pack. He's going to U of I for some kind of engineering. He once stole my giant T-Rex plushy toy, but I like him so much it didn't damage our friendship. He has several hot sisters, all of which he's oddly opposed to me dating.


So here we are. I wanted to give everyone some sort of context. These people represent a large amount of my best friends. These are the people I can't stop mentioning in stories. These are the people I miss. There are others, of course, and I hope they are among our readers.

Let's keep it fresh. Let's keep it fun. Let's keep it classic. Classic Brian: Season 2. Let the games begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment