Saturday, August 27, 2011

Conor - Would You Look At This House

http://hotfreaks.bandcamp.com/track/outset-island

Something to listen to while you read the rest of this.

1042 Leslie Lane. Norman, Oklahoma. 73069.

It's not much to look at, but it has a lot of personality.

Nina says "hello." Nina is one of my roommates.  One of the 6 other people living in these halls with me. Nina, Maggie, Caitlin, Trent, Nick and Michael. And me. The social dynamic is something that will probably take a lot of time to figure out, but that's something I'll harp on later.*

It's been over a week since I moved in here, and I'm still pretty in love it. I want to share this with you. I've taken some pictures, in the hopes that a visual element will make this at least slightly more interesting.
Someone brought/bought a ping-pong table! Alright. I'm totally cool with this. I am not very good at ping-pong, but a year ago I wasn't good at ping-pong, either, and look how far I've come in such a short span of time. There's a lot more space to the right of this picture. This is our first of two living rooms. You heard me.
Someone bought/brought a kitchen! That chair looks too comfy to be in a kitchen. It does not belong.



 As promised, a second freaking living room. I kid you not. This place is practically the Ritz. 
 The hallway to my room. The four other doors are Caitlin and Trent's rooms, the bathroom and the laundry room. Unimportant rooms in the grand scheme of things.
I've spared no expense to cover this room in posters. I have only two goals for this room. A bed and a piano. The piano will theoretically go where that pile of stuff currently is. I'm working on it.
 Please don't be mad at me for occasionally wearing these sunglasses. I found them on a couch on campus. They allow me to be someone, something I could never hope to be. Allow me this. Look at that stupid grin. It's still me, guys. It's still me.

Also look that's my new bed! That's where I sleep nowadays and fuck, is it comfy!

I'mma go to bed now.

*Harp on? Like, what would it be like if you "harped on" me. What is it to harp on something?

3 comments:

  1. Are those arrows pointing to your room? Your computer's exact location? If so, damn.

    -E $illy

    ReplyDelete