Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Spontaneity - Mada

Hey guys? How's you night going? I'm assuming most of you are still awake, sitting in your dorms working on homework or wasting time some other way, probably on the internet. Where am I? In Springfield actually. Why? No idea.

Today i called my sister around 3:45 and asked her what she was doing. She said she was sitting at our dining room table petting the cat, eating candy and talking to mom and dad. She had come home to vote since she's still registered in Springfield. Well for some reason this sounded like the absolute best thing in the world to me and I was extremely jealous. "Then come home" was Allegra's advice. What an irrational idea. I can't go home. For one I have class at 4. Then there was the three hours of homework to which I had planned to devote my night. Also, what was the point of going home for just one night? One school night, no less. And how was I supposed to get there? I considered these reasonable questions for about 3 more seconds. Then I realized that I didn't really have any desire to go to my next class, I could call my oldest sister to borrow her car and the point of going home for one night was to live my life however the fuck I want. So I quickly turned around and headed back to my dorm to pack.

I got to Springfield, hung out with my sister and parents, ate Halloween candy, went out to eat somewhere that didn't serve dorm food, visited Jake, and now I'm going to go find my cat to annoy. This was absolutely a great idea.

If I have learned anything in my eighteen years of existence, it is that life can get pretty effing mundane. You do the same things every day, you get stressed over nothing, and you never get enough sleep. The way to fix this is to sometimes do something illogical. Like drive home on a Tuesday. Or go to an orchard. Or decide to go to taste of Chicago at 2 in the afternoon and don't think about the fact that it means eight hours of driving for four hours in the city. IT'S WORTH IT. There's always time tomorrow, you can always catch on sleep this weekend, and you can never get back today.

5 comments:

  1. I actually did something very similar a couple of weeks ago. Definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quality. I went to that orchard in Champaign last weekend. It was so Autumny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I only know a little about you from this blog and a few conversations Robert and I have had about the Classic Brian cast, this post has convinced me that unless you and Robert get married, nothing is right in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We talked about it, but we decided her boyfriend and my girlfriend wouldn't be cool with that.

    ReplyDelete