Saturday, November 19, 2011

Conor - Let The Games Begin

Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do.

Instead of doing anything else this weekend, I am currently packing my backpack to go to Tulsa, where I will play in a tournament, on our B Team. Normally I would be playing a majority of the points, but I got my shoulder x-rayed yesterday and I have an AC sprain in my right shoulder.

I'm still going, though, and I more then likely will still play. I can play ultimate with my shoulder, it's just sortof painful.

I don't want to do any of these things, but I am.

Wednesday I'll be back in Springfield, which is comforting, but it seems amazing to me how incredibly far away Wednesday currently is.  I have a list of foods I will eat when back in Springfield. It is a comprehensive list, and I will not compromise in my completion of my goals. If that means eating 4 meals a day while I'm back, so be it.

I can't remember what it feels like for my shoulder to not hurt right now, and in all likelihood I'm going to hurt it some more this weekend and just slow my recovery down. But after this weekend, I don't really need to use it anymore. After this weekend I won't play anymore ultimate for weeks, maybe even months. I don't like that fact, either.

I have to get packed for my fun-filled weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment